Chestnut Ridge's unique and oft-copied Ladder Play (a.k.a Junior Match Play) provides students with matches against players who are of equal ability. This makes the learning and teaching process much more valuable. Junior Match Play is an important component when striving for improvement in one's tennis.
- Ladder play will be limited to 32 students.
- Sign-up may be done at anytime for a player who has not played in the previous ladder.
- Players who do not get a place will be placed on a waiting list and will be guaranteed a place one or two ladders later.
- Players who played in a just completed ladder may rejoin the list by signing up on that evening.
- Any player who signs up, and either fails to appear or cancels without 24 hour notice, will be charged for play.
The above sign-up procedure for Ladder has been instituted to make the ladder equally accessible for all players.
Because of the popularity of the program, sometimes it is the case that all of the spots for a given week have been filled from the prior week’s waiting list. Each participant should know that Director of Tennis, Bob Schewior, personally reviews all of the lists to ensure that all players sign up following the same procedure.
In order to register, a student must be ranked Chestnut Ridge code 17 or higher.
Please check with your pro to see if you meet these qualifications.